Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fall Break Adventures - Days One & Two

Ahhh... the wonderful beauty of Colorado aspens in the fall! Cool weather, abundant golds, oranges and reds to warm your soul, family time, marshmallows roasted by the fire, clear mountain air, marathon Uno matches, stomach bugs and colds passed around, toe breaking falls down the stairs, successful rescues of children stuck in quicksand/mud and impromptu weddings.... What? That's not what YOU did? ha ha ha


Day One:
No pictures because Lee and I spent this day at the condo sick as dogs while Ally and Matt escaped with the children. I guess I could have taken a picture of the (thankfully) brand new toilet in the condo because that's what I remember from Day One the most. ha ha ha

Day Two:
Day begins with me taking a slide down the spiral staircase of the condo and promptly breaking my toes. We ice it, take ibuprofen, tape them up and go hiking anyway. :) We visit Piedra Falls and hike along the Piedra River.

Beautiful Piedra Falls...
"Instructing" my son to get off the slippery wet boulder before he falls to his death (which he completely ignored and yet didn't fall)


Grammy enjoying the mist

Lee... Stud muffin

Me, Mom and Ally

Such a cute couple...

The view

Grammy and her boys

Boy humor... never gets old for them

Cool dudes

Me and Mom

Piedra River

No comments:

Post a Comment